August 5th 2020
As per the Queensland Government’s Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions, the following travel guidelines apply for Fraser Island
- STAGE 2: Kingfisher Bay Resort re-opened for all guests from Queensland.
- STAGE 3: The Queensland state borders were opened from July 10th and interstate access is permitted by obtaining a border pass (Currently excluding Victoria, with borders closed to NSW and ACT from 1am on Saturday August 8th).
If you have an existing booking that is impacted by state government travel restrictions, we will provide a free date amendment or credit up to five days prior to arrival. Please use this form to submit your enquiry or change of date request online.
Please note that our reservations team are receiving a high volume of enquiry at this time and we thank you for your patience as we work through enquiries in order of travel dates.
If you have any queries in regards to your upcoming stay, we recommend you take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
COVID-19 SAFETY UPDATES
There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at Kingfisher Bay Resort or on Fraser Island.
The health and safety of our guests and staff is our first priority at all times, so please do not plan to travel to Fraser Island within 14 days of arriving from overseas, being diagnosed with Coronavirus, feeling unwell, or having been in close contact with a diagnosed case of Coronavirus.
We have implemented a COVID SAFE Plan across the entirety of our business operations on the island, and all team members have completed the COVID SAFE Training programs.
Specifically, we have implemented the following procedures across our business:
- Intensified Cleaning & Sanitation: In addition to the hygiene protocols in place, our team are using D4 Sanitiser designed for use against viral pathogens and hospital grade disinfectant for regular cleaning of all high-touch surfaces and service areas.
- Modified Business Operations: We have adopted current industry best practice to restrict contact of items between guests, supply sanitisers in all areas, and adapt handling and service protocols.
- Training & Response Plan: Our business has a comprehensive plan in place for all COVID-19 scenarios in accordance with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and national policy, with comprehensive team training and guest education procedures in place.
While most of the activities and tours available at the resort will still be operating daily, there have been modifications to the way we deliver our services to comply with all COVID guidelines and ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable experience.
We have an onsite Duty Manager to answer any questions or concerns during your stay; in the meantime prior to arrival, here is an overview of guest questions relating to COVID Safe updates.
Changes to Resort Activities
- All resort offerings and ranger-guided activities will have social distancing restrictions and hygiene practices in place. This may limit availability therefore we recommend booking ahead.
- Our Island Day Spa will offer limited services & availability due to the COVID Safe processes in regard to cleaning. The Day Spa is currently operating on a reduced schedule until further notice.
- 4WD island tours and whale watching tours are operating with the regular number of passengers, however temperature checking and hygiene measures are in place and must be adhered to.
Changes to Resort Restaurants
All restaurants open for you to dine in, but some outlets may have limited opening days or hours of operation. These changes will be aligned to the current situation at your time of travel, and there will be updates available on arrival.
There are some small changes to the way we operate our food & beverage outlets due to the COVID Safe measures that are have been implemented, such as.
- There will be restricted numbers allowed to dine in restaurants to ensure social distancing in adhered to, so bookings will be essential to ensure we are able to provide dining opportunities for all guests
- There will be some restrictions on shared dishes.
- There will be an assisted buffet breakfast, facilitated by our Food and beverage team.
- There will be takeaway options available in some of our restaurants
- Staff have been fully trained to ensure your dining experience is safe and adheres to the QLD Health authority guidelines and the COVID Safe Industry plan measures.
- All Service staff have completed the TAFE QLD COVID Safe for Dining In training.
Health & Hygiene
- Additional cleaning regimes are in line with the QLD Health guidelines and have been implemented to ensure the safety of our guests & staff.
- Kitchen staff will follow strict hygiene standards including wearing masks & gloves.
- We have adopted the industry standard cleaning procedures which includes the use of appropriate cleaning products & procedures. We have also adopted the ACCOR standard cleaning processes which are industry leading.
- Guests who would prefer to not have our cleaning staff enter their hotel rooms during their stay can utilise our conservation credit program.
Contactless Guest Experiences
There will be signage around the resort with social distancing guidelines for guests to adhere to. These measures are now incorporated into the check-in process, queuing at outlets, guest activities, and restaurant seating. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we endeavour to minimise the disturbance of your guest experience as we implement these changes.
…if you are unable to travel due to the impact of the Coronavirus on your health or new government-issued travel guidelines, we can offer a free date amendment or a credit, up to five days prior to arrival.
…if there is a situation at the resort that may affect your travel plans, we will advise and update all arriving guests.
…if you have a group booking, conference booking, or are travelling for wedding at the resort, we have made special arrangements with your event organiser and you will be looked after.
If you have questions specific to your unique situation, your dedicated sales manager or our reservations team can assist.
SEALINK TRAVEL GROUP POLICY UPDATES
As part of the SeaLink Travel Group network of businesses across Australia, Kingfisher Bay Resort has adopted the following corporate policies across our business operations.
We have two primary commitments to you:
- Connecting people, sharing experiences and creating brilliant memories
- Ensure the health and safety of all our customers and employees at all times.
We are taking several precautions to minimise the risk as it is important we all remain extra vigilant during this time. That is why we put our commitments to you at the forefront of our decisions every day.
Is it safe to travel in Australia?
We are following the advice of the health authorities and the Federal and State governments when making decisions about our vessels, cruises, tours, accommodation and operations.
We will keep you informed of any changes that will impact your trip with us as soon as possible.
You should also keep up-to-date with the latest travel and health information from the Australian Government – visit www.health.gov.au or your state or territory government health department website for any additional controls.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices. During this time, we have stepped our practices and procedures up even further.
Our staff have been briefed and trained on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices. We will continue to monitor and maintain these practices in accordance with the health advice to ensure we maintain these to the highest standards.
All our operations have increased vessel, vehicle and room cleaning procedures and practices. Hard surfaces (such as tables, handrails, door handles, counters etc.) are being cleaned more regularly to minimise the risk.
Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals from the relevant health authorities.
In the unlikely event that a customer or staff member presents with symptoms, where possible we will supply them with a mask and follow the instructions and recommendations from the Australian Government Health Department. Click here for more information.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- If unwell, avoid contact with others. Consider deferring travel and seek healthcare advice.
- Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures, visit www.health.gov.au.
What happens if SeaLink Travel Group cancels my booking?
If the tourism experience you have purchased has been cancelled, we will offer either a:
- travel credit to the value of 100% to be spent at a time convenient to you
- full refund in accordance with the cancellation policy
What if I want to change my travel dates to later?
If your travel plans and existing booking is impacted by verified changes to government travel restrictions at the date of arrival, we will provide one free date amendment or credit up to five days prior to arrival.
What if I want to cancel my trip?
If your upcoming travel plans and existing booking is impacted by verified changes to government travel restrictions at the date of arrival and you need to cancel altogether, we will provide one free date amendment or credit up to five days prior to arrival.
You should also check with your travel insurance policy for any information regarding cancellations.
Please use this form to submit your enquiry or change of date request online.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support during these difficult times.
We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon to connect you with an experience that creates a brilliant lifelong memory.