In our neck of the woods the Humpbacks aren't just passing through on their way to their breeding grounds each August through October - they're actually taking time out in the pristine waters off Fraser Island to socialise, have some fun, learn some essential lifeskills and nuture their young.
For whale watchers it really is a question of who is watching whom on these incredible days out... our guests are encouraged to wave their arms, stamp their feet and make a bit of noise - the whales love it.
Their natural curiosity takes over and they glide up to the boats to have a look at what the 'silly' humans are doing now - in return, the Humpbacks put on an almighty show - slapping their tails, waving their pec fins and breaching into the air, coming down with a great splash.
The team on Quick Cat II provide a spectacular day out on the World Heritage waters, as you witness these wondrous creatures up close. Be sure to take a photo or video to capture the experience.
- Shuttle transfers leave from the resort's reception to the jetty head.
- Our hydrophone lets you listen to the live underwater sounds of the male Humpbacks.
- Our underwater viewing camera beams images onto screens around the boat.
- We provide expert commentary from the family team that conduct watching in Hervey Bay.
- Wheel-chair access, children's activity books and morning tea are all part of the service.
- Whale information available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Advanced Eco Accreditation.
- Close encounters guaranteed.
- Once onboard, ask the Whale Cruise staff about purchasing an upgrade to a swim with the whales experience (and don't forget to take your swimmers and a towel).