There's a reason Fraser Island is regarded as Australia's number one whale-watching destination! The humpbacks aren't just passing by each August through October - they're taking time out in the calm, sheltered waters off our western bay to socialise, have some fun, learn some essential life skills and nurture their young.
For whale watchers it really is a question of who is watching whom on these incredible days out on the water... our guests are encouraged to wave their arms, stamp their feet and make a bit of noise, to capture the attention of these inquisitive creatures.
Their natural curiosity takes over and they glide up to the boats and in return, the humpbacks put on an almighty show - slapping their tails, waving their pec fins and breaching into the air, for a truly larger-than-life spectacle.
The team on Quick Cat II provide an unforgettable day out on the World Heritage-listed waters, as you witness these oceanic giants up close. Be sure to take a photo or video to capture the experience.
- Shuttle transfers leave from the resort's reception to the jetty head.
- Expert commentary from the family-operated crew that conduct the longest established whale watching company in Australia.
- A light breakfast and morning tea are provided.
- Advanced Eco Accreditation.
- Close encounters guaranteed.
- Whale information available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese and Korean
- Take your wildlife adventure one step further and upgrade to a swim with the whales experience.
Please note - The 'Swim with the whales experience' can proceed based on an assessment of weather and safety conditions, at the discretion of the Quick Cat II crew. The beginning of the season is the primary time for whale swims, into early September.
Whale swims are an additional $100 and can be paid in cash or via credit card whilst on your 1/2 day tour. Full refunds for the swim are issued if unsuccessful/unable to procceed.
What to bring:
- Swimmers and a towel
- Waterproof camera (wrist strap is advised)
- Method of payment