Stone the crows coz we won't be "throwing another shrimp on the barbie" this Australia Day, but there will be dinky-di Australiana activities galore and some cool Aussie traditions to help celebrate our national day.
Here's what's in store...
- Lamingtons, Anzac biscuits and mini pavs for morning tea at The Sand Bar from 10am
- Face painting and balloon animals for the kiddies at The Sand Bar from 1030am
- Thong throwing competitions from 1130 with prizes for the best techniques!
- Ranger-guided Bush Tucker guided walk - this is Aussie bush food tucker at its rawest - check our What's On guide for timings.
- The sausages will be sizzling at our barbie and the burgers will be dinki-di beachside at midday
- Beach cricket and beach volleyball comps from 1pm
- Triple J's Hottest 100 will be playing at the Jetty Hut and The Sand Bar during the day
- Day Away guests will also be able to take advantage of the Aussie Day activities (as well as the normal activities) and will be able to choose between the normal Day Away lunch menu or the Australiana BBQ on the day.
Some costs will apply, so please check our What's On guide for details and book at the Jetty Hut. Please note that due to the wet weather, the outdoor beach cricket and volleyball competitions have been replaced with a movie marathon. We will be running the rest of the activities as advertised.
Plus, if you're down on Sunset Beach or at our Jetty Hut, you'll be able to take in all the action of the 21st annual Kingfisher Bay sailing Regatta as a flotilla of monohulls, multihulls and cruising yachts battle it out for line honours.