Our Resort Rangers conduct a series of complimentary walks and talks to help you understand a little bit more about Fraser Island's World Heritage-listed wilderness and our animals, but also about how the resort operates.
We vary the walks each day and each week and most walks are complimentary, so it's always best to check our weekly What’s On Guide and choose the walk/talk that appeals most. You can pick up a What's On guide on arrival from our Reception area. Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Bush Tucker and Bush Medicines
- Aboriginal Culture (with particular reference to the Butchulla tribe)
- Fraser Island’s European History
- The dingoes of Fraser Island
- Mangroves and their importance in a coastal eco-system
- Astronomy in the southern hemisphere
- The flora and fauna of Fraser Island
- A back-of-house inspection into the inner workings of an eco-resort, a tour of the sewage-treatment plant (we call it our poo farm), worm farm, herb garden and native-foods garden.
Want to know more about what we do before you arrive? Check out our Resort Ranger blog which features the wild, the weird and the wonderful on the world's largest sand island.
Want to know what's happening on island now? Check out our latest Ranger blog!