Pack your comfiest shoes and find a good bush-walking stick for this curated On-Foot Island Adventure on K’gari!
If you’re looking for an outdoor escape in the heart of nature, where you can immerse yourself in greenery, walk at your own pace, breathe-in the fresh air and admire beautiful scenery – then this package on World Heritage-listed K’gari is made for you.
Packages from $579 per person twin share, INCLUDE:
- 3-nights standard hotel accommodation.
- Return passenger ferry transfers ex River Heads (Hervey Bay).
- Return airport transfers from Hervey Bay airport.
- Daily buffet breakfast.
- One-way transfers to commence walks (2 days)
- Picnic hamper, track notes and GPS (GPS's subject to availability)
Day 1 - Arrive at Kingfisher Bay Resort and check in to your nature-surrounded accommodation. Take the time to relax, enjoy a cocktail at the Sunset Bar, go for a dip in the resort pool, and reserve a table at one of the resort’s restaurants for dinner.
Day 2 - Get ready to commence your on-foot island adventure, where you will walk a total of 22.4km.
- Drop off at Pile Valley Rainforest.
- 2km walk from Pile Valley to Central Station admiring majestic Satinay trees and lush rainforest growing from sand.
- 7.7km walk from Central Station to Lake McKenzie, the perfect picnic-spot and place for a refreshing swim.
- 12.7km walk from Lake McKenzie to Kingfisher Bay Resort.
Day 3 - The second day of your on-foot island adventure totals 20.2km.
- Drop off at M7 hiking point.
- 13km walk to Lake Wabby to swim in the emerald-green depths of the island’s hidden gem.
- 0.7km walk from Lake Wabby to Hammerstone Sandblow across magnificent sand dune formations.
- 1.5km walk from Hammerstone Sandblow to One Tree Rocks for gorgeous coastal views.
- 5km walk from One Tree Rocks to K’gari Beach Resort.
Day 4 - Depart from Kingfisher Bay Resort.
This package is not suitable for sole share, for safety reasons it must be booked for two or more people.
* Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. This offer is for direct bookings only and cannot be used for group or conference bookings. Cannot be combined with any other special rates, packages or promotions. Peak Rates apply for travel during School Holidays. Unused package components are non-refundable and cannot not be redeemed for cash or alternative options. Components not used will be forfeited. Strictly subject to availability on advice of Queensland Parks who have a blackout restriction on the walking tracks from Nov - Feb inclusive. Cancellations: Low Season - Free cancellation and/or amendments are accepted up to 15 days prior to arrival. After this time, a cancellation free equal to 100% of the booking total applies for cancellations, amendments and failure to arrive. Bookings cancelled due to inclement weather, illness or change of mind must be claimed through your travel insurance. Peak season (School Holidays) - Free cancellation and /or amendments are accepted up to 30 days prior to arrival. After this time, a cancellation free equal to 100% of the booking total applies for cancellations, amendments and failure to arrive. Bookings cancelled due to inclement weather, illness or change of mind must be claimed through your travel insurance.