Our Resort Rangers conduct a series of walks and talks to help you understand a little bit more about Fraser Island's World Heritage-listed wilderness and our native species, but also about how the resort operates. We vary the walks each week and most walks are complimentary. Check our weekly What’s On Guide for the latest schedule, and start planning your back-to-nature experinece.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Bush Tucker and Bush Medicines - the perfect introduction to our Bush Tucker Talk and Taste experience
- Aboriginal Culture (with particular reference to the Butchulla tribe)
- The flora and fauna of Fraser Island
- Fraser Island’s European History
- The dingoes of Fraser Island
- A back-of-house tour into the inner workings of our eco-resort and the sustainable practices we implement, including our award-winning architecture and landscaping.
- Mangroves and their importance in a coastal eco-system
- Astronomy in the southern hemisphere