There's a reason Fraser Island is regarded as Australia's number one whale-watching destination! The humpbacks aren't just passing by each July through October - they're taking time out in the calm, sheltered waters off our western bay to socialise, have some fun, learn some essential life skills and nurture their young.
For whale watchers it really is a case of who's watching whom on these magical days out... everyone is encouraged to wave their arms and make a bit of noise, to capture the attention of these inquisitive creatures.
The humpbacks' natural curiosity takes over. they glide up to the boats and in return, put on an almighty show - slapping their tails, waving their pec fins and breaching into the air, for a truly larger-than-life spectacle.
The team aboard Quick Cat II provide an unforgettable day out on the World Heritage-listed waters, joining in on the excitement as you witness these oceanic giants up close.
Whale watching cruises are available to book as an add-on for our in-house guests, or why not book the full resort experience with our 'Fraser + Whales' package!
- Expert commentary from the family-operated crew that conduct the longest established whale watching company in Australia.
- Tea, coffee and light refreshments are provided.
- Advanced Eco Accreditation.
- Close encounters guaranteed.
- Whale information available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese and Korean
- Take your wildlife adventure one step further and upgrade to a swim with the whales experience.
- The 'Swim with the whales experience' can proceed based on an assessment of weather and safety conditions, at the discretion of the Quick Cat II crew. The beginning of the season is the primary time for whale swims, into early September.
- Due to current Covid-19 health and safety precautions, snorkles or goggles can no longer be supplied, therefore guests will need to bring their own.
Whale swims are an additional $100 and can be paid in cash or via credit card whilst on your 1/2 day tour. Full refunds for the swim are issued if unsuccessful/unable to procceed.
What to bring:
- Swimmers and a towel
- Waterproof camera (wrist strap is advised)
- Snorkel and goggles
- Method of payment