Fraser Island Famils

We'll help look after you on Fraser island...

It is your responsibility to ensure you have the right permits. Penalties apply for entering the national park without the correct documentation. 

We can assist bonafide members of the media wishing to travel to Kingfisher Bay Resort (Eurong Beach Resort, on our Fraser Island Barges or Fraser Explorer and Cool Dingo touring) in preparation of a Fraser Island travel story. Please contact Monique Parker to chat about how we can work with you to achieve our mutual goals. 

Expressions of interest should include as much detail as possible including proposed dates of travel, number of pax, what you're looking to write about and your media credentials (eg, press ID, previous placements and examples of work). Also please include the media outlet you are representing (circulation, readership, viewership, visitation is helpful) and any additional social media audiences you/your outlet may have. Freelancers should also let us know if you have a commission or which publications you wish to pitch this to. Once we have this information, we will be able to assess our level of support.

Please note we cannot offer media rates or hosted/unaccompanied famils during school holiday periods or long weekends - this includes Easter, Christmas and the Australia Day long weekend. 

  • Queensland Parks and Wildlife require permits to film in the national park. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the right permits (for your group size) prior to arriving.
  • Please ensure you provide a full list of fragile, oversized or overweight equipment when making your booking with our Group Communications Manager. Also, please ensure all equipment is labelled with a crew name - this will help our porters on the island.
  • 4WD hire vehicles can be booked from the resort. Queensland Parks and Wildlife requires all vehicles to have vehicle permits in order to drive in the national park.