Australian Traveller magazine has named our Junior Eco Rangers program in their top 100 things to do with the kids this summer and the folks at escapelounge.com.au have named us in a list of 5 fantastic things to do with your family. In 2013 the Essential Kids website listed our Junior Eco Rangers program in their ten top kids clubs in Australian and world wide and Holidays with Kids magazine listed us in their top ten family resorts (4 star and under) in Australia.
Learning can be a wild experience on Fraser Island for our Junior Eco Rangers! These fun and informative weekend and holiday sessions teach children to care for the environment and everything in it. Want to know what's happening on island now? Check out our latest Ranger blog!
- Learning about mangrove colonies and inter-tidal zones
- Playing environmentally themed games
- Low ropes course and canoeing
- Leaf identification
- Bush and beach walks
- Sand sculpture, art and craft
- Campfire songs and telling of Aboriginal legends
- Spotlighting for bats, sugar gliders and frogs
During school terms, Junior Eco Rangers runs Fridays (night program) and Saturdays (two sessions) as below and check your What's On guide for details. During peak school holidays the Junior Eco Ranger programs runs daily and on weekends. Activity costs include lunch or dinner.
Age: 5 to 14 Years old.
Age: 5 to 14 Years Old
WHAT'S ON DURING JUNE / JULY SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
All participants are asked to:
- Wear comfortable clothing, closed shoes and a hat
- Apply sun cream and insect repellent prior to the session
- Bring a drink (optional)