Ex Cyclone Oswald didn't cast a dampener on Australia Day celebrations on Fraser Island the first time around as we swiftly substituted our beach cricket comp for an Aussie Day movie marathon with Hugh Jackman (sigh...) and Nicole Kidman in 'Australia' the movie; followed by Muriel's Wedding and Eric Bana in The Nugget. The BBQ still fired up and there were lamingtons aplenty... but sadly none of our international guests took advantage of the vegemite taste testings during the breakfast buffet.
Forgive the déjà vu but here's what's in store for Australia Day II...
- Lamingtons, Anzac biscuits and mini pavs for morning tea at The Sand Bar from 10am
- Face painting and balloon animals for the kiddies at The Sand Bar from 1030am
- Thong throwing competitions from 1130 with prizes for the best techniques!
- Ranger-guided Bush Tucker guided walk - this is Aussie bush food tucker at its rawest - check our What's On guide for timings.
- The sausages will be sizzling at our barbie and the burgers will be dinki-di beachside from midday and
- Beach cricket and beach volleyball comps from 1pm.
Day Away guests will also be able to take advantage of the Aussie Day II activities (as well as the normal activities) and will be able to choose between the normal Day Away lunch menu or the Australiana BBQ on the day.
Some costs will apply for Australia Day II activities, so please check our What's On guide for details and book at the Jetty Hut if you're staying in-house! Oi Oi Oi... Oi Oi Oi!