This grand-scale clean ups was conceived by two mates sitting around a camp fire and embraced by the folks at Four Wheel Drive Queensland and their associated Queensland clubs. The teams at Eurong Beach, Fraser Island Barges and the Kingfisher Bay Resort Group were chuffed to get on board.
- For participants who don't wish to camp, Eurong Beach Resort is offering a 20% discount off your choice of hotel or apartment.
- Fraser Island Barges is all participants return vehicle transfers (ex River Heads) for $75 per vehicle (up to 4 occupants).
- Participants bringing a trailer across will receive return a vehicle (up to 4 occupants)/trailer transfer for $100.
- This offer is only available to Fraser Island Clean Up participants and you must mention this when booking.
- Call 1800 373 737 (toll free in Australia) for Eurong bookings OR 1800 072 555 (toll free in Australia) for barge bookings.
- Offer is subject to availability; is only available for event participants and is valid from 22-26 May 2014.
Last year, the event saw more 290 volunteers from 19 four wheel drive clubs across the state band together to collect general rubbish and flotsam and jetsam washed ashore by the tides and the weather systems that have hit the Queensland Coastline. Volunteers collected plastic such as netting, bottles, fish fluoro tubes and incredibly, thousands of toothbrushes during the three-day-long event.
Approximately 50 cubic metres of rubbish (985 garbage bags) was collected in just six hours and the difference on the eastern beach alone, was astounding. This year the event will take place from 22-26 May, with Four Wheel Drive Queensland coordinating registration.
This community service event is reliant upon volunteers giving up their own time in the support of this cause with the backing of corporate sponsorship. If you'd like to be part of this year's Four Wheel Drive Queensland's Fraser Island Clean Up event, click here.