We also care and protect Fraser Island sites visited by working with Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service to: minimise impact on sensitive areas by rotating walking tracks; monitor the Fraser Island dingo program; and support environmental initiatives such as promoting to guests/media the banning of water-soluble sunscreen by swimmers in Fraser's lakes.
- We conduct and sponsor regular research by resort rangers and university groups to monitor the flora, fauna and waterways and use the TANGler fishing line disposal units on our jetty head;
- We promote a catch-and-release fishing program with supervised fishing clinics, which demonstrate safe release methods;
- We restrict the growth of non-indigenous and self-seeded plants to protect the island's gene pool and maintain the environmental integrity of the resort;
- We work with Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service to control noxious pests like the mosquito fish, which have been found in the resort's lakes;
- We maintain a nursery to provide for ongoing landscaping needs and bush tucker herbs for the resort kitchens. This site also serves as an interpretive centre for resort guests;
- We preserve natural settings by confining guests to walking tracks and boardwalks with interpretive signs; and
- We manage fire risk on the island by supporting the Rural Fire Brigade and maintaining fire breaks around our properties.