These sell-out tours have been especially designed so you don't have to drive or own a 4WD. All vehicles will be supplied with may added inclusions including a half-day Humpback Whale tour to see and snap these giants of the deep. All you need to bring is your clothes, a sense of adventure and camera gear.
Retreat: Bluedog Photography Fraser Island Workshop
Date: Friday, 13 September - Monday, 16 September 2013
Where: Kingfisher By Resort / Fraser Island
This is a photography tour designed for photographers by photographers and limited numbers will ensure you gain a personal yet rewarding experience on one of our favourite places on Earth! We limit the tour to two 4WD vehicles with our own drivers.
The four-day, three-night, all-inclusive retreats are priced from $3574.00pp (twin share)* and include:
- Three nights' resort hotel accommodation at Kingfisher Bay Resort with meals
- Sunset drink on the first night
- Hands on instruction from Bluedog Tutors
- 2x full-day photographic workshops on Fraser Island
- Presentations by Danielle Lancaster and Kingfisher Bay Interpretive Ranger Peter Meyer
- Your 4WD transportation
- Return passenger ferry transfers from River Heads (Hervey Bay)
- A half-day Whale Watch cruise from Kingfisher Bay Resort.
But don't take our word for it...
'" I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. It was an excellent way to see varied aspects of the island, without the hassle of driving, and with two knowledgeable guides who maximised the photographic opportunities and gave good advice on how to improve my photography. I particularly appreciated the fact that we had plenty of time at each location to experiment with different angles, subject matter and camera settings. It was a bonus to have comfortable accommodation and good food and friendship along the way." - Judith B (2011).
Or read Jessica Jane Sammut's blog about her time frolicking with the Hervey Bay Humpbacks.