We won't be "throwing another shrimp on the barbie" this Australia Day, but there will be dinky-di Australiana activities to celebrate our national day!
Here's what's in store...
- The Jetty Hut will open from 9am for those that want to hire Segways, canoes or fishing gear and make the most of the fab weather.
- We kick off our celebrations with an Australiana morning tea at The Sand Bar from 10am.*
- Face painting and lamington eating comp at The Sand Bar from 1030am.
- Thong throwing competitions from 11am with prizes for the best techniques!
- FREE Ranger-guided Aussie themed walk - check our What's On guide for timings.
- The Sand Bar opens for lunch from 11.30am (regular menu).
- Beach volleyball comps (in the shade) from 1pm and Beach Cricket comp gets underway from 2pm.
- Big kids and littlies will love our family sandcastle building competition which kicks off from 2.45pm.
- Tennis fans can catch the Australian Open action on the big screen at The Sand Bar from 3pm.
- Triple J's Hottest 100 will be playing at the Jetty Hut and The Sand Bar during the day.
- Day Away guests (visiting from Hervey Bay) will also be able to take advantage of the Aussie Day activities (as well as the regular resort activities) on the day.
*Some costs apply, so please check our What's On guide for details and book at the Jetty Hut.
Plus, if you're down on Sunset Beach or at our Jetty Hut, you'll be able to take in all the action of the 22nd annual Kingfisher Bay Sailing Regatta as a flotilla of monohulls, multihulls and cruising yachts battle it out for line honours. The action kicks off around 9.30am on the western beach.