Well done to our lovely housekeepers Judy and Deb (under the team name 'Cheeky Chicks') who went under the razor today - in front of a crowd of staff and guests - and all for a good cause... raising money and awareness about blood cancer.
You can see their before and after shots on our Facebook page and the efforts of our General Manager, Warwick 'Quick Draw McGraw' Kahl and Rooms Division Manager, Paul 'Don't Mess With The Zohan' Parrant in helping them lose their locks. According to Paul - it was all about the style! We'll let you judge for yourselves.
Event: The World's Greatest Shave Off for the Leukaemia Foundation
Date: Friday, 15 March
Where: Centre Complex / Fraser Island
Who: All welcome!
Did you know?
- Blood cancer is Australia’s biggest cancer killer, after lung cancer
- More than 11,500 Australians will develop leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma this year – or a person every 46 minutes
- Right now, more than 50,000 Australian families are facing the physical, emotional, and financial challenges of blood cancer
- Money raised from the World's Greatest Shave funds blood cancer research and free support through the Leukaemia Foundation
- The Leukaemia Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the care and cure of people with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and related blood disorders.
That's why so many people are as passionate as us about this campaign... and why supporting 'Cheeky Chicks' like Deb and Judy is so vital. Donations can be made on the World's Greatest Shave website.